Sports Funding at English Martyrs'
Each year, the Government allocate funding to schools for the provision of sport, to enhance pupils' learning and health.
At English Martyrs' we use it in a variety of innovative ways...
* We provide bespoke PE lessons to every child in the school which are co-led by professional sports coaches alongside the class teacher
* We provide bespoke professional development in sport for staff ~ practical sessions with the children and staff
* We provide a variety of after school clubs for children across school. These are led by the professional sports coaches: Football, Multi-sports, Gymnastics (all free of charge for the pupils as the cost is met by school through the funding)
* We provide Yoga sessions for all children from Reception Class to Year 6 in 5 weekly blocks so that we can support their mental health and well-being
* We provide weekly Yoga sessions for some of our more vulnerable children, helping them develop their resilience and self-image
* We provide and cover the costs of all transport to and from inter-school sports fixtures so that no child is left out and so that there are no barriers to taking part
We supplement the Government Sports Funding Grant by using our own school budget as we believe at English Martyrs' that there should be no barriers to learning or to reaching our full potential.