Year 4 2023-2024
Mrs Savery is the Class Teacher supported by Ms Wadeson and Miss Gillett. We work hard in Year 4, but also have a lot of fun with our learning!
Please use the links on this page to see the Year 4 curriculum for 2023-2024 and the current homework grid.
English, maths, reading, spelling, punctuation and grammar are taught on a daily basis. Parental support is vital to ensure that children are reading regularly and completing their homework each week too. This way, we can ensure that each child reaches their full potential.
Please practice times tables and mental calculations at home with your child, this will help them as your child progresses in their mathematical learning. The children have access to TT Rockstars, and have their own individual log in.
Year 4 will be sitting a statutory Times Table screening test in June 2024, where they will be tested on all of their times tables through a mixture of 25 questions and will have 6 seconds to answer each of them. They are expected to practice their tables daily (if they have access).
- Banded books will be changed as and when required. Please read with your child daily and ensure that their reading diary is signed.
- Times Tables (up to x12) needs to be practiced daily (all children have a log in for TTRS).
- Homework will be sent out each Friday with your child to be returned on the following Wednesday.
- Spellings will be sent weekly and will be tested teach Friday.
- PE is on a Friday - please ensure your child has their full kit in school.
- Yoga is on a Wednesday.
- Mrs Thompson will teach Year 4 on a Tuesday afternoon.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Savery at EMYear4@englishmartyrs.lancs.sch.uk.
Use the link below to see what your child is learning each half term.