R E C E P T I O N C L A S S
SPRING TERM 2020
Reception Class Home Learning During School Closure
A huge "Thank You" for all the amazing photographs you are sending in. Please look out for them in the slideshows.
During our school closure, please work through your home learning packs and continue to look on this page to find everything you need to support your home learning. Mrs Howarth has very kindly set up a class email account as a way to celebrate your work. If you would like to email anything to the class, then please send to EMReception@englishmartyrs.lancs.sch.uk
It is all a bit different and scary for us all at the moment, even the adults! But we want you to stay safe and stay at home so you can't catch any germs or pass any on. Hopefully we will all be back together as one big English Martyrs' family very, very soon. In the meantime, we have added some ideas here to help you carry on learning whilst you are SAFE at HOME!
Remember though, play is a VERY IMPORTANT part of your learning. It encourages, sharing, turn taking, patience, listening and working as a team.
You can encourage constructive play with:
* Den building using sheets, duvet covers, tea towels, towels in the living room or in the garden or yard
* Playing board games like snakes and ladders if you have them
* Playing Hide and Seek around the house (stay safe though and only hide in sensible places!)
* Drawing pictures: rainbows for your windows, flowers to brighten up the day
* Make simple cakes like chocolate cornflake cakes or rice crispy cakes
* Play I Spy through the window
* See how many letters or numbers you can write in a minute (get mummy or daddy or a big brother or sister to count!)
* Read a book with a member of your family
* Read a book TO a member of your family!
* Simply play with your toys!
You can also click on the links below for some great online activities.
Remember to stay safe online though and if you are not sure of something...TELL AN ADULT!
Take care Reception Class and use our class email page to send in pictures of what you are up to!