Summer 2 Week 1 01/06- 05/06
Home Learning Newsletter
- Read and Respond daily activities on Purple Mash. Spend this week exploring stories and films set in different forests! See the newsletter on how to find it or click the link below.
- Week 6 Spellings on Purple Mash
- SPAG focus: Prepositions (Purple Mash)
Read a Book
Oxford Owl has a huge selection of free eBooks to read. Follow the website's instructions to create a log in. Ask an adult for help. It's completely free. Choose an eBook to read and email me a book review. What was it about? Who was your favourite character and why? Did you enjoy it? How many stars would you give it? Would you recommend it to a friend?
I would love to put all your Oxford Owl eBook recommendations on our class page.
Click the link below to see the daily slideshows and worksheets from BBC Bitesize.
Check out White Rose Maths for home learning videos too.
As usual, don't worry if you can't print off the worksheets. Write your answers in your exercise book.
This term our new Whole School theme is God's Promise and Covenant of a better, happier world with the symbol of the Rainbow.
Please work through the activities in the PDF (below) at your own pace this half term.
- Watch the story of Noah's Ark from the Book of Genesis.
- Make your own Jar of Hope with a rainbow. In Noah's Ark God created a rainbow, it was a symbol of hope, a symbol of a promise that He made to the people of the world. That He would keep them safe. See CAFOD's PDF.
Choose your own Science experiment from the link below. Don't forget to send me a video or picture!
Game Design Competition
If you haven't already seen it, check out this cool competition on PurpleMash. There's still plenty of time to enter and there are some great prizes. Make sure you read the instructions carefully.
Deadline: 26th June
Enjoy going on a different adventure with Cosmic Kids on YouTube.
BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons
A great website with activities for English, Maths and a foundation subject every weekday.
This week's timetable is available at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
or daily on BBC Red Button from 9am to 11am, and again on BBC iPlayer.