Summer 2 Week 2 08/06-12/06
Home Learning Newsletter
- Read and Respond daily activities on Purple Mash. This week is all about being healthy and happy. Research the types of foods we need to stay healthy, sing songs and explore the foods you eat. We learnt lots about balanced diets in class. Lets see how much you remember! See the newsletter on how to find it or click the link below.
- Summer 2 Week 1 Spellings on Purple Mash
- SPAG focus: Paragraphs and Headings (Purple Mash)
Read a Book
Oxford Owl has a huge selection of free eBooks to read. Follow the website's instructions to create a log in. Ask an adult for help. It's completely free. Choose an eBook to read and email me a book review. What was it about? Who was your favourite character and why? Did you enjoy it? How many stars would you give it? Would you recommend it to a friend?
I would love to put all your Oxford Owl eBook recommendations on our class page.
Click the link below to see the daily slideshows and worksheets from BBC Bitesize.
Check out White Rose Maths for home learning videos too.
As usual, don't worry if you can't print off the worksheets. Write your answers in your exercise book.
This term our new Whole School theme is God's Promise and Covenant of a better, happier world with the symbol of the Rainbow.
Please work through the activities in the PDF (below) at your own pace this half term.
God made a beautiful world for all to enjoy , look after and love.
- Write your own recycling diary.
- Each day this week, write down what you recycled and how you did it. Find out some recycling facts and explain how recycling helps look after our world.
- Also have a look at this week's resource pack from CAFOD. It is all about Corpus Christi, food and bread around the world.
Choose your own Science experiment from the link below. Don't forget to send me a video or picture!
Purple Mash- Game Design Competition
There's still plenty of time to enter and there are some great prizes. Make sure you read the instructions carefully.
Deadline: 26th June
Try out Busy Beats on Purple Mash. Experiment with sound and create real music! Now try to create your music using items in your home such as utensils.
Look at your Purple Mash 2Do and have a go.
How fast can you walk or run? Time yourself on your favourite daily waling route or by running laps in your garden. Now try to beat your time! What made you go faster or slower? How can you improve your time?
Here's the link for those of you who enjoy going on an adventure with Cosmic Kids on YouTube.
BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons
A great website with activities for English, Maths and a foundation subject every weekday.
This week's timetable is available at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
or daily on BBC Red Button from 9am to 11am, and again on BBC iPlayer.