Summer 2 Week 5 29/06- 03/07
Home Learning Newsletter
- Read and Respond daily activities on Purple Mash. This week we are continuing our flying theme with Up, Up and Away Part two. See the newsletter on how to find it or click the link below.
- Summer 2 Week 4 Spellings on Purple Mash
- SPAG focus: Mark wants Chicken (direct speech) (Purple Mash)
Read a Book
Oxford Owl has a huge selection of free eBooks to read. Follow the website's instructions to create a log in. Ask an adult for help. It's completely free. Choose an eBook to read and email me a book review or a video of you talking about the book. What was it about? Who was your favourite character and why? Did you enjoy it? How many stars would you give it? Would you recommend it to a friend?
I would love to put all your Oxford Owl eBook recommendations in our class page gallery.
BBC Bitesize- This week focuses on Lines, Shapes and Time.
Click the link below to see the daily slideshows and worksheets from BBC Bitesize. You can check out White Rose Maths for home learning videos too.
As usual, don't worry if you can't print off the worksheets. Write your answers in your exercise book.
MyMaths- I've also added activities on MyMaths for you to do this week. There are lots of tasks on time (pick and choose which ones you want to do or do them all if you want!) and a few on 2D and 3D shapes.
TTRS- Beat your fastest time! How fast can you go? Go on 'Studio' and beat your time. You can do it!!
This term our new Whole School theme is God's Promise and Covenant of a better, happier world with the symbol of the Rainbow.
Please work through the activities in the PDF (below) at your own pace this half term.
Pope Francis talks about looking after our world, in school we have a prayer table in the Hall about this, looking after our world, Laudato Si.
- Write a prayer about how everyone can look after our world and what you hope for in the weeks, months to come.
- Use Pope Francis' suggestions in last week's animation, as well as your own ideas.
- Also try this week's CAFOD activities about Hope and Communication.
Science and D&T
Be a parachute engineer
- Research parachutes and air resistance. What are they?
- Design a parachute. Draw and label a diagram.
- Test out different materials. Which works best?
- Write out your experiment.
You will need: a title, the aim (why are you doing the experiment?), an equipment list, a prediction (what do you think will happen), method (how you will do it), results (what happened) and a conclusion (why did it happen).
5.Test out your parachute!
Children's Art Week is a UK- wide programme run by Engage, the National Association for Gallery Education. Their theme this week is 'The Natural World'.
Colourful Rainbow Bird Art
Paint, draw, colour your own bird artwork using all the colours of the rainbow as a sign of hope. You could take inspiration from a bird you saw on a walk or from outside your window and create a colourful background/ environment for it. See this week's newsletter for a few ideas. It is completely up to you how you want to create your artwork this week. Let your imaginations run wild!
Go on a flying Cosmic Kids Yoga adventure. This week be a butterfly or visit friends on the moon. Practise the flying pose too!
BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons
A great website with activities for English, Maths and a foundation subject every weekday.
This week's timetable is available at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
or daily on BBC Red Button from 9am to 11am, and again on BBC iPlayer.